Monday, November 17, 2008

Life is far too short...

Life is too short. This phrase is almost over used but how often do we actually stop to think that seriously life is too short. As my religion teacher said this morning during class. 20 is too young to die, even 60 is too young to die. The point is no one wants to die and even more importantly no one wants their loved ones or friends to be tragically taken from them without even having the chance to tell them how much they are loved. How often do we take the time to say I love you or even I am glad that you are friend? I know personally I sound sappy if I constantly tell my friends I love them and appreciate how they are always there for me. But why is that? Has western culture shaped us so much that we feel dumb telling someone we care about them? Why is it so hard to say how we really feel? Now you might wonder what has got me thinking? Well this last Saturday night 4 PUC students we killed going down the hill to Safeway. The same trip I took only 3 hours before. I did not know any of the guys personally; I didn’t even really know anybody who was close to them. But this tragedy has got me thinking that life is really too short and we must live our life concerned and companionate for people not only cuz our life is too short but those around us might have an even shorter life. Now I want to tell all my friends at one time that I love them all so much. I wish that all of you were here with me right now but I am proud that you are doing what God has planned for you. I appreciate you guys for always being there for me even if you are not physically with me. Thank you so much I don’t know what I would do without each and every one of you!

1 comment:

Drew said...

um life is the longest thing you do so life is not short.